- Kindermusik Classes
- Introductory Class
- Studio Locations
For your comfort and the safety of your precious family we are happy to provide small, socially distanced In-Person classes with specially marked “music pods” and personal instrument tubs for each child or family. We utilize air purifiers, advanced cleaning protocols, mask requirements and staggered start times for ease and safety. If you’re not ready to return to the studio just yet, there are Virtual class options for your family. We will continue to bring the power of musical learning both in studio AND at home so no one misses out on the joy, connection, growth and family time that only Kindermusik provides.
Ready to see the JOY in your child’s eyes as she sings, plays, and meets new friends? Excited to nurture his love of music and learning, nourish your family bond, and see your child thrive? Join our musical family and discover the magic. Our unique Kindermusik Online Parent Guides are included with your class and will help you take the joy of music with you — wherever you go. We even include make-up classes. Find your child’s age below to choose the perfect class.
We grow right along with your sweet baby with TWO levels of classes.
Our Foundations class is for your newborn up to eight months or so
Our Level 1 class takes your child from around 8 months through 20 months or so.
Need some guidance? We’re here to help at email@example.com.
• gentle musical moments shared with a loving grown-up
• joyful bonding time as you nurture your relationship with song
• cherish this first year and set the foundation for a musical life
• support for parents as you share milestones and miracles with new friends
• music becomes a vehicle for discovering the big, beautiful world
• singing, playing, and moving together strengthens your bond
• adding music to your lives makes parenting easier and enhances your family culture
• music class is a joyful place where you are supported and your growing child is celebrated
If you’d like a small, socially distanced class at the studio, please choose “In Person.” If you’d prefer a live, online virtual class for now, please choose “Virtual.” Our Virtual classes are paired with an In-Person class for more friends and more fun.
• our busy, action packed musical play expands your child’s world
• creative time together brings a spirit of joy and closeness to your family
• you’ll find a circle of friendship where everyone is welcome
• Music becomes a lifestyle while improving language, listening and social skills
Enjoy concurrent pre-school/toddler classes. Drop your pre-schooler off at his/her Kindermusik Level 3,Level 4 or Level 5 class and attend Foundations, Level 1 or Level 2 with your toddler. Two kids, one trip to the studio.
For a small, socially distanced class at the studio choose “In-Person.”
For a live, online virtual class for now, choose “Virtual.” Our Virtual classes are paired with an In-Person class for more friends and more fun.
If you’d prefer a Virtual ONLY class, with no In-Person friends, choose the Wednesday 11:15 class.
Two class levels allow your preschooler to shine! Choose either an In-Person (60 minutes) or a Virtual (45 minutes) class. We have you covered for whatever makes you most comfortable during this time. Need some guidance in deciding between Level 3 or Level 4? We’re here to help at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Children learn to focus and practice being part of a group in a safe, loving place where each personality is celebrated and welcomed
• Creative and imaginative play jumpstarts learning and builds brains
• High quality music experience prepares children to be better all-around learners and sparks musicianship
• Singing becomes a natural language and a catalyst for joy
• Coming to class on their own promotes friendships and builds self-confidence
• You’ll continue to develop a stronger bond with your little one as you join him or her for the last few minutes of each class
**Enjoy select concurrent pre-school/baby/toddler classes at the Salt Lake studio. Drop your pre-schooler off at his or her Level 3, Level 4 or Level 5 class and attend Foundations, Level 1 or Level 2 with your toddler. Two kids, one trip to the studio. Perfect! NOTE: During this time our concurrent classes may have a 5 minute gap due to our staggered start times.
Just for our older preschoolers! We include piano exploration in each class for more music and more growth, and an “instrument of the month” such as ukulele, violin, xylophone, recorder for your child to explore hands-on. Your child will thrive as we lay the foundation for instrument play, tune her ear and help him become a better all-around learner. We prepare your young child for the entrance to Kindergarten and lay the groundwork for our Level 5 instrument and piano-prep class. All while nurturing a love of music, encouraging imagination and fostering independence.
*Enjoy select concurrent pre-school/baby/toddler classes at the Salt Lake studio. Drop your pre-schooler off at his or her Level 3, Level 4 or Level 5 class and attend Foundations, Level 1 or Level 2 with your little one. Two kids, one trip to the studio. Note: During this time our concurrent classes may have a 5 minute gap due to our staggered start times.
You’ll see your young musician thrive in our piano and instrument preparation classes where he will learn in an exciting, joyful, and most importantly, developmentally appropriate way. No need to push ahead too quickly. Let’s whet her appetite while giving her the tools and the foundation to really shine!
• Piano teachers love kids prepared by our remarkable curriculum. They are well versed in musical terminology, understand note value and placement, but most importantly, they are excited about music and primed for success
• Our students develop confidence as they begin to sing on pitch, learn to notate and play 3 instruments (glockenspiel, dulcimer, recorder)
• Listening skills improve, focus and attention are maximized and these skills carry over into school
• Children begin to read and write music – it becomes a familiar and much-loved language for life
• Their world expands as we study instrument families, musical genres, composers and attend the Utah Symphony together during year 2
Year 1 of our Level 5 classes opens your child’s world to new and different ways of learning about music. The focus and content includes – beat versus no beat, percussion instruments, brass instruments, melodic direction, exploring the staff, and notation. We also introduce the glockenspiel, a pre-keyboard instrument. Children are delighted to receive this beautiful instrument to use at home and in class. We will expand our musical skills with a focus on piano/forte, crescendo/decrescendo, and legato/staccato. We will discover the woodwind and string families, study a bit of Beethoven and learn all about the musical story of Peter and the Wolf.
Materials fees billed in September 75.00 and January 50.00.
Carry Bag (received Year 1 and used both years), Folders, Workbooks and Stickers, Weekly “Music at Home” cards, Games Bags and various manipulatives, Family Songbooks, CDs, and music downloads. Instruments: Glockenspiel (Year 1), Dulcimer and Recorder (Year 2).
*Level 5 Year 2 students are typically first grade age with some younger students who have completed Year 1. First grade students who have not completed Year 1 are welcome to join us for Year 2, noting that there will be an additional charge for a glockenspiel and some extra help from Ms. Carol to catch up to the group. New students for this level are accepted through September only.
In Level 5 Year 2, children are delighted to learn more about the string family with an introduction to their very own dulcimers. Musical concepts taught include call and response, improvisation, meter, notation, along with a touch of Tchaikovsky when we study The Nutcracker. Themes include “Music of Appalachia”, “Music of the Sea”, and “Native American Music”. During the second half of our year together we will explore the sounds of wind instruments and learn to play our own recorders. We will learn about verse/refrain, solos/chorus, and musical form as we review notation, rhythms, the treble clef, and the c-major scale. We will take a field trip to Abravanel Hall with Ms. Carol and our class friends to attend the symphony. We end the year with our traditional graduation and Kindermusik Fiesta.
Materials fees: billed in September 75.00 and January 50.00.
Carry Bag (received Year 1 and used both years), Folders, Workbooks and Stickers, Weekly “Music at Home” cards, Games Bags and various manipulatives, Family Songbooks, CDs, and music downloads. Glockenspiel (Year 1), Dulcimer and Recorder (Year 2).
Attend with just your toddler or bring the whole family to sing, dance, and play together with your friends, strengthen your family bond, and watch your children blossom. Take the music wherever you go with our delightful Kindermusik@Home Parent Guides featuring music downloads, ebooks, activities and more.
First child is 62.00. Subsequent siblings are 42.00. Babies under 6 months (with an enrolled sibling) are welcome at no cost. Annual Membership Fee 30.00