- Kindermusik Classes
- Introductory Class
Classes begin in September. They fill QUICKLY so you’ll want to secure your spot as soon as possible. You’ll find the classes listed under each of the age groupings below. Want to join us for Summermusik? View the schedule here.
– Katie – Kindermusik mom
Ready to see the joy in your child’s eyes as she sings, plays, and meets new friends? Excited to nurture his love of music and learning, cement your family bond, and see him thrive? Join our musical family and discover the magic.
Our unique Parent Guides are included with your class and will help you take the joy of music with you — wherever you go. We even include make-up classes. Ready to enroll? Find your child’s age below and you’re on your way to creating a musical home. Prefer an intro class? Register here.
We grow right along with your baby with a special class just for your newborn and crawler AND another class for your bouncing, wobbling young toddler. Two stages. Two classes. More growth and joy! Need some guidance? We’re here to help at firstname.lastname@example.org. Prefer an introductory class? Here it is.
Want to start now? Join a Summermusik class today.
– Kindermusik mama
• Gentle musical moments shared with a loving grown-up
• Joyful bonding time as you nurture your relationship with song
• Time to cherish this first year and set the foundation for a musical life
• Support for parents as you share milestones and miracles with new friends
• Music becomes a vehicle for discovering the big and beautiful world
• Singing, playing, and moving together strengthens your family bond
• Adding music to your lives makes parenting easier and enhances your family culture
• Music class is a joyful place where you are supported and your growing child is celebrated
Prefer an introductory class? You can register for that right here.
Select your class below. Many of our younger toddlers prefer Sing and Play until around age 2 but your busy toddler might enjoy joining Wiggle and Grow right around 18 months of age. Need some guidance? We’re here to help you choose the perfect class at email@example.com. Prefer an introductory class? Choose that here.
Lillith – Kindermusik mama
• You’ll find that our busy, action packed musical play expands your child’s world
• Creative time together brings a spirit of joy and closeness to your family
• Connecting with other kids and families creates a circle of friendship where everyone is welcome
• Music becomes a lifestyle for your family while improving language, listening and social skills
Enjoy concurrent pre-school/toddler classes — drop your pre-schooler off at his/her Kindermusik Laugh and Learn or Move and Groove class and then attend Wiggle and Growclass with your toddler. Two kids, one trip to the studio. Perfect! Subsequent siblings receive a 10% discount.
The perfect place for your preschooler to shine! Not sure if your child is ready to begin a big kid class on her own? She’s welcome to stay with you in the toddler class and then begin Laugh and Learn around age 3 1/2. We’ll move her up when she’s ready. Need some guidance in making your decision? We’re here to help at firstname.lastname@example.org. Prefer an Introductory class? Select it here.
– Natalie – Kindermusik mom
• Children learn to focus and practice being part of a group in a safe, loving place where each personality is celebrated and welcomed
• Creative and imaginative play jumpstart learning and build brains
• High quality music experience prepares children to be better all-around learners and sparks musicianship
• Singing becomes a natural language and a catalyst for joy
• Coming to class on their own promotes friendships and builds self-confidence
• You’ll continue to develop a stronger bond with your little one as you join him or her for the last few minutes of each class
**Enjoy select concurrent pre-school/toddler classes. Drop your pre-schooler off at his or her Laugh and Learn or Move and Groove class and attend Wiggle and Grow class with your toddler. Two kids, one trip to the studio. The second child receives a 10% discount.
A beautiful extension of our Laugh and Learn class just for our older preschoolers. We include keyboard exploration in every class for more music and more growth. Your child will thrive as we lay the foundation for instrument play, tune her ear and help him become a better all-around learner. We help prepare your young child for the entrance to Kindergarten and lay the groundwork for our instrument and piano-prep class. All while nurturing a natural love of music and imagination.
You’ll see your young musician thrive in our piano-prep class where he will learn the rudiments of music in an exciting, appropriate way. No need to push ahead too quickly. Let’s whet her appetite while giving her the tools and foundation to shine! Ready to enroll? Choose your class below. Wondering if your budding musician is ready for Young Child? We’re here to help at email@example.com.
-Lana Burke, voice and piano teacher
• The BEST Piano prep class – teachers love kids prepared by our remarkable curriculum as they are well versed in musical terminology, they understand note value and placement, but most importantly, they are excited about music and primed for success
• Kindermusk kids develop confidence as they begin to sing on pitch, learn to notate and play 3 instruments (glockenspiel, dulcimer, recorder)
• Listening skills improve, focus and attention are maximized and these skills carry over into school
• Children begin to read and write music – it becomes a familiar and much-loved language for life
• Their world expands as we study instrument families, musical genres, composers and attend the Utah Symphony together during year 2
**Year 1 students are typically Kindergarten age with some children beginning at 4.5
Year 1 of Kindermusik for the Young Child opens the world to new and different ways of learning about music. The focus and content includes – beat versus no beat, percussion instruments, brass instruments, melodic direction, exploring the staff, and notation. We also introduce the glockenspiel, a pre-keyboard instrument. Children are delighted to receive this beautiful instrument to use at home and in class. We will expand our musical skills with a focus on piano/forte, crescendo/decrescendo, and legato/staccato. We will discover the woodwind and string families, study a bit of Beethoven and enjoy learning about “Peter and the Wolf.
Materials fees: billed in September 70.00 and January 45.00.
Young Child Carry Bag (received Year 1 and used both years), Folders, Workbooks and Stickers, Weekly “Music at Home” cards, Games Bags and various manipulatives, Family Songbooks, CDs, and music downloads. Instruments: Glockenspiel (Year 1), Dulcimer and Recorder (Year 2).
**Year 2 students are typically first grade age with some younger students who have completed Year 1. First grade students who have not completed Year 1 are welcome to join us for Year 2, noting that there will be an additional charge for a glockenspiel.
Patty Hamel – Kindermusik mom and piano teacher
In Year 2, children are delighted to learn more about stringed instruments with an introduction to their very own two-string dulcimers. Other musical concepts taught include call and response, improvisation, meter, notation, and a touch of Tchaikovsky. Themes include “Music of Appalachia”, “Music of the Sea”, and “Native American Music”. During the second half of our year together we will explore the sounds of wind instruments and learn to play our own recorders. We will learn about verse/refrain, solos/chorus, and musical form as we review notation, rhythms, the treble clef and the c-major scale. We will take a field trip to Abravanel Hall with Ms. Carol and friends to attend the symphony. We end the year with our traditional graduation and Kindermusik Fiesta.
Materials fees: billed in September 70.00 and January 45.00.
Young Child Carry Bag (received Year 1 and used both years), Folders, Workbooks and Stickers, Weekly “Music at Home” cards, Games Bags and various manipulatives, Family Songbooks, CDs, and music downloads. Glockenspiel (Year 1), Dulcimer and Recorder (Year 2).
Wiggle and Grow for families brings your whole family to the music. Enjoy singing, dancing and playing together while strengthening your family bond. Want to bring just one child? Great! This multi-age class will provide playmates and enrichment for your little one. You’ll be able to take the music wherever your family goes with our delightful Kindermusik@Home Parent Guides featuring music downloads, ebooks, activities and more. Music and families — the perfect combination.
First child is 54.00. Second and third children are 34.00 and 24.00 respectively. Babies under 6 months are welcome at no cost. Children over 6 are welcome, as well.