Our School-Year Session begins on September 4, 2018 (Monday classes begin on August 27) and continues until May 24, 2019. It includes 32 classes and a bonus week over the nine months of the school year. Enrollments are accepted any time during the school year. Summermusik is a separate program and begins in June.
No classes held:
September 3 Labor Day. Monday classes made-up August 27.
Oct. 16-19 UEA – Monday classes in session on Oct. 15,
Nov. 20-23 Tuesday through Friday – Thanksgiving, Monday classes in session on Nov. 19
Dec. 24 through January 4 Holiday Break – classes resume January 7
Jan. 21 MLK Jr. Day. Monday classes made up UEA week.
February 18 President’s Day. Monday classes made up Thanksgiving week.
March 25 – 29 Spring Break. We follow the Salt Lake School District calendar.May 17 School Year Session Ends
May 20 – 24 Bonus Week
June 10 Summermusik classes and camps begin
Making the Most of Your Kindermusik Experience
- JOY This is the overriding theme at every Kindermusik class.
- ARRIVE ON TIME We kindly ask that you make it a priority to arrive on time. In fact, plan on arriving a few minutes early if you’d like. This gives you time to remove coats and shoes and settle into our musical environment. We know that life happens and occasionally you may be running late. If you arrive after class has started please slip in as unobtrusively and quietly as possible.
- SHOES & SUCH Plan on bare feet or socks for both you and your child. Please leave shoes and coats in our lobby but bring valuables into the studio. No food, drink (even water!) or bottles allowed in the studios as we do our best to keep the floors clean for our little ones.
- PARENT/CHILD CONNECTION During class, the most important thing you can do for your child is to be an engaged and patient partner. Although our purpose is to build a warm Kindermusik community, we do ask that you please keep grown-up chat to a minimum. For optimum joy and growth your child needs and deserves your undivided attention. If you have a child in Level 3, Level 4 or Level 5 please return ten minutes before the end of class for Sharing Time as your child will need your support during these special few minutes together.
- PARTICIPATION What a child is learning in Kindermusik is often evidenced at home rather than to a certain level of participation during class. Often, a child attends for several weeks before feeling comfortable in classroom setting. The understanding and consistency of the parent or caregiver both in class and at home are the keys to creating confidence and growth. Remember, children come in all ages, stages, and personality types. At Song of the Heart Studios we are understanding, accepting and supportive of ALL children and parents. Parents often tell us that they see a completely different child at home than in class. This is normal and to be expected. Some children are reticent and others become quite stimulated in a group setting. You may find that your child would prefer to sit quietly and watch or may want to be up and moving. Both are perfectly acceptable. If your child becomes distracted, upset, excited, or cannot focus on the activity, please don’t worry or feel pressure to push your child toward what you believe is a more acceptable way to participate. There is not a “certain way” to participate in our classes (for example – sitting still, sitting on your lap, and listening, singing, etc.) for him or her to show terrific growth. So please – relax, sing, and PLAY with your child both in the classroom and at home. Together you’ll find the best way for your family to connect and share the joy of Kindermusik while nurturing your beautiful family bond.
- KINDERMUSIK ONLINE PARENT GUIDES Your family and child will benefit enormously from the use of our enriching Parent Guides and CDs which allow you to bring the music with you wherever you go. Listen to the music, download the activities, and read the ebooks. You’ll find that frequent use during the week will make a positive difference in your child’s comfort and participation in class and you’ll enjoy knowing the lyrics, too.
Good to Know
- MAKE UP CLASSES As a courtesy, we allow make-ups, for illness or travel, in our school-year classes when space is available. Make-ups for your level may be available but aren’t guaranteed. To self-schedule a make-up class due to illness or travel, use our online make-up scheduler. Classes must be self-scheduled in advance through the scheduler (we cannot accommodate walk-ins) and must be completed while currently enrolled at Song of the Heart Studios and within the present session. There are no make-ups for missed PlayDates or Make Music Day events. We do not pro-rate or refund for student absences.
- CANCELLED CLASSSES Any classes cancelled due to educator illness or a snow event will be re-scheduled. We follow the Salt Lake School District schedule. If they are open so are we. We will text/email our families and post any closures on our Facebook page. If school is in session and you don’t hear from us you can assume that we are holding classes.
- CLASSROOM BEHAVIOR Kindermusik is a warm, welcoming, judgement-free zone where your child can learn about and practice his or her blossoming social skills. We do ask that you be cognizant of your child’s safety as well as the safety and enjoyment of other families. If your child exhibits a behavior such as running, screaming, or throwing an instrument please take a deep breath (how about breathing arms?) and then help your child to redirect his or her attention. If you need to step out of the classroom for a few minutes (we’ve all been there!) for a sweet hug and a quiet moment please do and return when your little one is ready to re-join class. Please feel free to speak with your educator at anytime to request any support you may need.
- TOYS, PHONES, FOOD, BOTTLES No food, drink, or bottles allowed in our classrooms. Please keep toys, pacifiers, drink cups, bottles, etc. out of sight. We ask that you kindly silence your cell phone and refrain from texting while you are in the Kindermusik classroom.
- UN-ENROLLED SIBLINGS We are unable to accommodate un-enrolled siblings unless they are young enough to be content in a stroller or infant carrier. Older siblings are welcome to occasionally watch class from the back bench or wait quietly in the lobby area but will not be able to participate in class. Special circumstances will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the office with any special needs or requests.
- VISITORS Adult guests such as grandparents and your partner are welcome any time. If you would like to bring along a friend for an introductory class we are happy to accommodate them as long as there is room in your class. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org a week in advance to schedule or have them schedule their introductory class on our website. Introductory classes are 10.00. We cannot accommodate walk-ins due to class size restrictions.
Enrollment and Tuition
- OUR SCHOOL YEAR SESSION includes 32 classes September through May with a pause over the summer unless you are enrolled in Summermusik. The monthly installment (regardless of number of classes per month) is an average of these 32 classes. Monthly payments are automatically processed on the first of each month with the card we have on file for you. Families are invited to enroll any time during the school year and we will pro-rate tuition according to the start date. Payments more than ten days late will be assessed a 20.00 late fee. For payments over 20 days late classes will be suspended until fees are current.
- ON-GOING ENROLLMENT When you join our studio your enrollment is on-going until you let us know us otherwise. Enroll once and you’re all set. If you need to withdraw before the end of our school-year session you may do so at the end of a month. Kindly give us two weeks written notice if you need to end your school-year enrollment. If notice is not given two weeks prior to the first of the month, the following month’s tuition will apply. Missed classes are neither prorated nor refundable. If there is an extenuating circumstance, please notify us and we’ll do our best to accommodate you. Cancellations are not accepted mid-month and class placement will not be held upon withdrawal. All make-ups must be completed while currently enrolled in classes. A 15.00 registration fee is automatically applied to each enrollment.
- SUMMERMUSIK fees are separate from our school-year session. A 30.00 non-refundable deposit is due with summer camp registration. The remaining fees will be processed on the first day of June or July (depending camp enrollment) and are non-refundable at that point. As a courtesy to our families we offer make-ups for illness or travel during Summermusik on a space available basis. Make-ups are not guaranteed.
- CLASS SCHEDULE & EDUCATOR ASSIGNMENTS are subject to change. A minimum of 5 children is required for a class to run. If a class is cancelled by Song of the Heart Studios for any reason, a full refund will be given.